Microneedling Treatment Preparation
Before Getting Fractional Microneedling Radiofrequency
What should I expect during the first visit to a dermatologist?
During your first visit to a dermatologist regarding undergoing Fractional Microneedling Radiofrequency, expect a thorough skin evaluation to assess your suitability for the procedure. Our In-House dermatologist, Dr. Pavithra HN, shall discuss your medical history, address all your queries, and explain the entire treatment process. The dermatologist shall then structure a well-designed schedule for your skin and needs. Make sure to utilise this appointment to discuss all your goals and expectations from this esthetic treatment.
Here are some steps you must follow before undergoing the MNRF procedure:
- Realistic expectations: Every skin responds differently to the procedure. Certain factors can alter the time required for noticeable results to appear. You must expect a realistic response from your skin and ask your dermatologist to help you set expectations.
- Commitment to multiple sessions: The micro-needling radiofrequency consists of numerous sessions, each lasting 20-40 minutes only and extending across weeks. You must begin with the procedure only if you can attend every session. An incomplete session may lead to improper results.
- Oral supplements: The dermatologist might ask you to take oral antibiotic supplements if you are facing an acne breakout during the session. An oral antiviral supplement is given in case you are prone to cold sores.
- Sun Exposure: Sunlight exposure can decrease the longevity of the facelift’s effects. The procedure loses its impact here and will not meet your expectations and goals – so be sure to use adequate and correct suncare suited for your skin.
On the day of the appointment
- The dermatologist starts by cleansing your face to remove any traces of dirt or makeup, following which she shall apply an aseptic solution on your face to prevent any chances of infection
- This is followed by applying a mild anesthetic to numb your skin so you won’t feel any pain during the needling procedure.
- The microneedles and radiofrequency ablators are gently moved in controlled strokes along your face to deliver the heat and initiate skin repair process.
- After the treatment is completed, a curated list of growth solutions is applied to your skin to speed up recovery and enhance cell regeneration.
- The dermatologist will recommend skin products like moisturizers and sunscreens for you to use after every session.
MNRF Skin Treatment Jayanagar
If you’re fascinated by the procedure and are looking for a professional MNRF Treatment-Micro Needling Radio Frequency, Aarna Clinic in Jayanagar is the right place for you!
What precautions do I need to take after getting the Fractional MNRF treatment?
- Use ice packs to reduce swelling and redness, and numb the pain.
Use a gentle cleanser approved by the dermatologist to clean your skin and pat dry it.
- Avoid wearing make-up for at least 24 hours or, as advised by your surgeon.
- If your skin is extra sensitive to the sun during downtime, wear an approved sunscreen after every session.
- Drink plenty of water to keep the skin well-hydrated.
- Avoid strenuous activities that cause excessive sweating as it can exhaust your pores and sweat gland and increase their recovery time.