SKIN CARE IN WINTER
- During wintertime skin becomes dry,irritated,flaky due to low temperature and humidity.
- Skin is the largest organ of the body it helps in maintaining the body temperature and protecting against the pollutants and allergens.
- Thus one need to take care of skinduring winter.
- A perfect balance of water,fat ,protein has to be ssupplemented to the skin.
THE MOST COMMON PROBLEMS THAT ARE SEEN DURING WINTER ARE
- DRY SKIN:This is because of low temperature and humiditytends to weaken the skin barrier,skin feels tight and rough.
- SKIN RASHES:These are most commonly seen in person with sensitive skin.
- ECZEMA:Winter exacerbates eczema may present as Asteatotic eczema.
- FOLLICULITIS:Inflammation of hair follicle,the dry skin irritates the follicle and causes small bumps.
- Exacerbation of psoriasis and other skin conditions
- Acne flare up
- Cracked fingers,toes,feet.
- Oily skin:Too much of using moisturising cream.
- Dry chappy lips
TIPS FOR SKIN CARE
Instead of suffering from all these skin conditions, its always better to prevent it by taking proper good care of skin.
- Choose a good moisturizing cream.Make use of a moisturizing cream which has humectants to hold on to the moisture &water that soften the skin.
- Use a good cleanser instead of soap formulattionto clean the face to remove the make up that do not disturb the PH of the skin.Then use hydrating serum n moisturizers.
- Always moisturiser elbows,knees,feet,hands with intense moisturizing lotions before going to bed.
- Reduce the use of skin scrubbers.
- Avoid lengthy hot water baths.Use Luke warm water to wash the face.
- Moisturiser the body immediately after bath.
- Always use a good sunscreen.
- Have a diet which is balanced water rich.
- Use supplements of Omega 3 fatty acids,VitD3,Zinc.
- Fruits n vegetables which rich in VitA,VitC,Vit E which acts as antioxidants (Nuts,Avacado,Green leafy vegetable,carrot)
- Use a good lip balm.
- Do not use make up products that has high alcoholic content.It dries up and irritates the skin.